easyJet today launched its first smart phone app. The free app, suitable for both iPhones and Android smartphones, will enable passengers to search fares, book flights and much more while they are on the move via their phones. It is the fastest airline booking app available, enabling passengers to book a flight on more than 580 routes in less than 30 seconds!
Everyone who downloads the app and is logged in will have a personalized homescreen which recognizes them, shows them a countdown clock to their next booked flight displaying information in one of five European languages.
Tested against other airline apps it is the fastest taking the least number of clicks to make a booking. Logged in customers select their destination and dates of travel and then are only required to enter their security number in order to confirm and process the booking. The easyJet iPhone and Android app was developed in partnership with Mobile Travel Technologies Ltd.
Peter Duffy, Marketing Director for easyJet, said: “easyJet has a long history of using technology to help our passengers and this app is no exception. Not only is it completely free, it also offers our customers the speediest and simplest way to book.
“We are sure the app will be a big hit with our passengers when they want to book flights but we know it will also be invaluable in times of disruption – like the snow of last winter – because passengers will have access to all the information they need as well as having the ability to change their flights in seconds.
“The app is another way we are making travel easier for our passengers and we plan to continue to add features to the app based on customer feedback. We believe innovations like these will improve the customer experience by putting valuable information at our customers’ fingertips – literally.”
The key features of the app mean passengers can;
– search & book flights including both standard and flexi fares
– add luggage, sports equipment and speedy boarding to their booking up to two hours before flying
– change language / currency to a choice of five European languages. The app will recognize the default language of the phone
– check flight status by arrivals, departures and flight number for scheduled, actual and estimated flight times
– manage their bookings to change flight bookings or add APIS information
– change bookings or process refunds and transfers, particularly useful at times of disruption
The app is available to download for free in the iTunes App store & Android Market now. More features and functions will be added to the app over the next few months.